You Belong Here
It takes a village to raise a child.
At CLA, we live by that every single day. Every student is a family member here. We give our students the same treatment and support we would give our own children, and we’re committed in every way to their growth.
In fact, CLA is designed to serve every student that comes through our doors with the best opportunity to graduate. We are committed to more than just the academic success of our students – with our self-paced environment, one-to-one advisory relationships, professional experts, & our passionate, caring teachers, our goal is to help shape our students into successful people.
Since our founding in 1987, we have constantly refined our approach to our students to maximize their potential. We work for their success as if they were our own kids.
If you’re looking for a high school with a strong support structure, family envrionment, small class sizes, and equal opportunity for all students regardless of background, then you should enroll now!
At CLA, you are family.
- Students can earn 96 credits during the school year.
- We provide extended day learning opportunities for students.
- Online credit recovery classes are available.
- Wrap around services for substance abuse.
- We are rich in technology.
- ACT prep classes
- Multiple chances for academic success
- GED Classes
- Contemporary Learning Academy is conveniently located near public transportation through multiple buses ( 0 & 6) and via light rail.
Students enrolled at CLA have three options:
Enter CLA at age 14; Graduate High School at age 16 1/2.
Enter CLA at age 14; graduate High School at age 17 with one of the following:
Two years of college (Associate of Arts or Science Degree) OR
A Career and Technical Education Certificate in a specialized career
Students may enter CLA during their Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year
- Small Class sizes (15:1 Student/Teacher ratio)
- Advisory teacher for every student
- Safe and supportive learning environment
- Tutorial support of Academic classes and activities
- Counselor, Social Worker, Psychologist and Nurse
- Serve Breakfast and Lunch
- RTD Bus passes available
Dean of Students
Dean of Culture
Dean of Instruction