CLA is designed to serve students who are at risk of not graduating. We will help you prepare for a successful future! We are competency based which allows students to progress as they demonstrate mastery of academic content. With our self-paced environment students can proceed from one topic or segment to the next at his/her own speed.
- Students can earn 96 credits during the school year.
- We provide extended day learning opportunities for students.
- Online credit recovery classes are available.
- Wrap around services for substance abuse.
- We are rich in technology.
- ACT prep classes
- Multiple chances for academic success
- GED Classes
- Contemporary Learning Academy is conveniently located near public transportation through multiple buses ( 0 & 6) and via light rail.
Students enrolled at CLA have three options:
Enter CLA at age 14; Graduate High School at age 16 1/2.
Enter CLA at age 14; graduate High School at age 17 with one of the following:
- Two years of college (Associate of Arts or Science Degree) OR
- A Career and Technical Education Certificate in a specialized career
Students may enter CLA during their Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year
- Small Class sizes (15:1 Student/Teacher ratio)
- Advisory teacher for every student
- Safe and supportive learning environment
- Tutorial support of Academic classes and activities
- Counselor, Social Worker, Psychologist and Nurse
- Serve Breakfast and Lunch
- RTD Bus passes available